Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blog Post #F- Chapter 8

Chapter 8 was by far one of my favorite chapters I have read this semester. Technology impacts us all and one way that teachers and students communicate is through technology. This blog post is a perfect example I am writing my conclusions about chapter 8 and my professor can read my post. We can communicate without even being in the same room. There are many other electronic communication methods between teachers and students. The presentation below illustrates some of the most popular methods.






The second concept that I would like to discuss is the importance of blogs. Creating and using blogs to teach others is a great tool. I think it is a great interactive way for teachers and students to communicate and learn from each other. After reading this chapter I also found that there are three different options that educators have for creating their own teaching blog.
1. A do-it-yourself option
2. A commercially available option
3. An open source option

Below is a video that will provide helpful tips for Blogger users, this video actually helped me for one of my first online classes at Edison State College.



Technology and education has come very far, we use technology everyday with school, especially with online classes. It's very helpful that we have the option to communicate with our teachers other than just in person. It makes learning so much more efficient. Whether it may be sending an email, or even commenting on a blog we can receive immediate feedback to better our learning and skills. Not only is it convenient for both teachers and students but as students we get experience from technology to apply to our future careers and even future classes.

Resources

Using Technology to Inspire Creativity. (n.d.). Retrieved October 7, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhc9Ywn0mXE

Izquierdo, N (2015, October 7). Electronic Communication Between Students And Teachers. Created with Prezi

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are 'digging deeper' into blogs and blogging - have you thought about if/how you could use it in your future classroom? I like your Prezi and think that presentation template could be a good one to help students with mindmapping - i.e., replace more traditional graphic organizers. Your textbook citation is missing from the resources.

    ReplyDelete